Evening primrose oil to thin out the cervix?

So ladies, I am 38 weeks this week. last doctors appointment I was not dialated not effaced high up, nada, in other words I was sealed up. Last night had contractions, went to l&d still only a finger dialated :(
So i got sent home.
Ive got another Drs appointment after tomorrow and would love to be a teeny bit dialated then... So I read up online natural ways to thin out the cervix, and I came upon evening primrose oil.
So you take the primrose oil and manually rub it on your cervix and that should help thin you out. My question is, is it safe? Have any of you ever tried it, and did it work?

Would love to hear from ya'll soon. Thanks. :)

mishamama

Asked by mishamama at 11:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• idk about all that but everyone i know always said lots of walking and sex!
    rebecca2012

Answer by rebecca2012 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• My first time I washed like 6 cars inside and out in the hot....then completely scrubbed the house and the next day I was in labor...sex didnt work...other wise something spicy might work....I thought it was castor oil you were supose to use tho
    aNat2011

Answer by aNat2011 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• Sex is not an option for me right now :( and castor oil is not advised (its gives you the runs and there are risks of the baby passing meconium in the womb.)
    mishamama

Comment by mishamama (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2011