What is Atheist?

My family wasn't a real church people and we never really brought it up all of us kids went are own way but we don't ask about religion to each other so i am in the dark. i just see people talking about it but it really doesn't give me much info. so what is ATHEIST?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• An atheist is someone with no spiritual beliefs.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in God.an Agnostic doesn't believe this OR there isn't, they don't know.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• sorry typo, agnostic doesn't believe there is or isn't.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Simply put, an atheist does not believe in any gods and has no religion.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Atheist=No god
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Obviously, you have a computer and the internet, or access to the same. Look it up!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• wow witchqueen...MEAN! This is a question forum! Why did u even answer if you wont answer the question? Anyways, like all the other ladies minus WITCHqueen, an Athiest is someeone that doenst have belief in God or Heaven or Hell. They basically feel that religion is a fantasy and has no basis.
    Anonymous

• Yeah.. what everyone else said --- but it can get confusing. I'm Buddhist & there is no God in Buddhism.... some people consider me an Atheist & some don't.

Most people feel that the God in Christianity, Islam, & Judaism is one in the same.... and some feel that anyone who doesn't believe in that God is an Atheist.

But the term "Atheist" is MEANT to mean the person has no belief in any God or afterlife what-so-ever.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• someone who has no beliefs sadly..
    Anonymous

• : Laura1229, i didn't know that about buddhism... thank you. I know it's definately not being atheist, lol, but good looking out. I know Atheist do not believe in any god, or any higher power or any form of religion, basically they are "If I can't see it and it's not proven scientifically, I don't believe".
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008