Okay, so my daughter is almost 13 months old. And well I have done everything by the book with her! (she's my first) Now I am getting to the point we're she is no longer taking a bottle and I am trying to add in "big people" food, but not sure what to give her. Any suggestions??

sarah.south33

Asked by sarah.south33 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just give her what you eat (as long as its not spicy of course). Just cut it up for her in bitesize pieces.
    ksanders

Answer by ksanders at 2:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My little one use to love pot pies and mashed potatoes
    tracey77978

Answer by tracey77978 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• just give her waht ever your eating. just cut it up into bite size peices.
    erins2ndbaby

Answer by erins2ndbaby at 2:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Wow ... hmm ... I've never been a by-the-book type of person, obviously!! I have three kids ... and before my kids, I worked with them for years as a nanny and day care teacher ... AND not to mention all my younger brothers/sisters (14 ... from different families)
    I started with baby food at 4 months and they add did wonderful with it. (just a LITTLE bit at that age and only limited to cereal and yogurt) ... 5-6 months was the more involved baby food ... 7 months and since then, it's been whatever we eat. As long as it's not crunchy and tough .... like carrots and steak. ... but chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs (cut up small), steamed veggies, ... you name it!
    They've all done wonderfully with it.
    n_hisgrip

Answer by n_hisgrip at 2:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i am old school like the lady aboves answer. the only thing that is the # 1 choking problem for small children and the elderly is melted mozzarella cheese. NOT hot dogs like most people think. pastina is good farina, oatmeal, anything u eat can always go in a blender-even a steak and u dont have to make anything different for her, when cooking. just stay away from pizza for now. and any melted mozzarella. also for finger foods beechnut has these veggie crunches in yam flavor they melt fast in the mouth, they have spinach, fruit flavors. there is so much more excessible to u know than ever before- gerber even makes baby tv dinners.
    ladylindasue

Answer by ladylindasue at 2:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Gerber Graduate meals work get for me!! Or TV Dinner's if you don't feel like cooking.
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 3:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter loves cheese, yogurt, toast, waffles, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, diced fresh fruit, steamed veggies, chopped up quesadillas, black beans, pasta and rice with bits of chicken...
    Good luck!
    ScarlettsMommy

Answer by ScarlettsMommy at 4:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• if you did it all by the book for 13 months have you ACTUALLY read the book? the book should tell you. Start with applesauce, then bananna's and soo on.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Just remember to introduce things SLOWLY so you can target any potential food allergies.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• At 13 months my children were eating pizza and pasta! I forgot to read the book I guess.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 5:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008