Anyone in arizona aware of this new law?

as of today, there is a new law that states the frame of your license plate cannot cover the part of the license plate that says "Arizona".
Not even partially. it must all be able to show. and if you get pulled over for it it could be about 100-130$ ticket.

i just found this out yesterday on the news and they said not many people know about it (nice) did you know about this? what do you think about it?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That would suck to be driving along and then get a ticket for something you didn't even know about. I don't see why having it covered would be an issue, as long as you can see the actual license plate that is all that should really matter.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• why? that sounds stupid....just another little dumb way for the gov. to get more money
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Just the state part? That seems silly. Who cares WHERE youre from as long as you have a tag. Now if the current year sticker wasn't showing, then I could understand. Yeah, I agree...more mulah for the govt.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I heard that on the news last night. We live in AZ, and I'm glad I heard it, because I was about to go out and put the decorative plate frame thing I'd gotten my husband for Christmas!! I tested it, and it covered up the entire word "Arizona".
    Now, I don't know what I'm going to do with it. . .
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 8:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• new york is that way, has been for awhile.. they may inforce it for a while,, but unless you get a jerk for a cop, most of the time they don't pay too much attention to it. It's just the state trying to get more money.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The Legislature passed the law in 2006, but delayed implementation until this year. http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2008/12/31/20081231licenseplate-ON.html
    Anonymous

• Its not the government trying to get more money, its the state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• It is a law because if you were to be in another state and do something illegal like a hit and run or even if you were in your own state and did something illegal...then they might not find you because they weren't sure what state the car is registered in. Some ones plate may have similar letters or numbers maybe some transposed, from one state to another. So lets say you are fleeing the cops because you just murdered someone and they only got a chance to see a few letters or numbers from your plate, they can run a partial plate check...without knowing the state you are in they may not find you.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009