Why am I still bleeding 3 weeks after having mirena inserted?

i had mirena inserted aost 3 weeks ago (aug 27), and was due for a period right around that time,..and 2-3 days later I got my period. It was mainly a little heavier spotting with 2-3 days heavier bleeding,..my periods have always only lasted 3-5 days. I had mirena after dd was born and had somewhat of the same issue--more of I just had to be careful about sex after my period bc it could make the bleeding/spotting start bck up. I'm going on the 3rd week of this continual spotting, and while it's not necessarily a huge concern (being that similar experiences happened with it the first time), I'm really annoyed that this is happening. Any suggestions or thoughts?..if it doesn't clear up soon, I'm going to call and make an appt with the doc. Oh...had ds June 12, idk if that makes a difference.

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 12:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2011 in Health

• that mirena does crazy shit to your body i would talk to you doc but do some serious research of your own
    rebecca2012

Answer by rebecca2012 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• I had Implanon and I put up with that bleeding for 3 years. I gave up and had it removed.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• What did your doctor say?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:47 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• I would call your doctor and tell him, he will then know what to advise.
    Hope you get sorted out, and feel better soon
    RobynL

Answer by RobynL at 5:30 AM on Sep. 13, 2011