My 4 year old son is very sick, what is going on?

He woke up this am and said his throat was hurting so I did what ne mother would do and checked his temp. No fever throughout the day, no coughing, sneezing or ne other signs. However he has hardly ate ne thing all day long which I found odd. So we are getting him ready for bed tonight and I notice he's warm so I check his temp and at that time it was pushing 101. He had also mentioned earlier that his tummy eas hurting. But we decided to not give tylenol yet hoping he could fight it off himself but if the temp remained or got higher we would give some then. So now everyone's n bed and he comes slugishley walking into r room and says real quietly that he has thrown up.his bed was covered.I got him n the bath right away and then put him n his sisters bed cause she sleeps with us and dad stayed with him till I got her to sleep.well he threw up two more times! The only other time he was this sick was when he had phemonia but his fever had reached 105.6! I remember the doc kept sending us h'm saying it was a virus. So what could this b? Whatever it is its hitting my son very hard and quick. Ne advice would b appreciated.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:42 AM on Sep. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• maybe just a stomach virus, just keep him hydrated

Answer by admckenzie at 12:46 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• It does sound like a virus. i would definitly give him tylenol for comfort and keep an eye on him for dehydration. Make an appointment with his doc in the morning.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 12:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Stomach virus with a sore throat?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• could be the flu or strep throat. your best bet is take him to a dr
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 1:07 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Call his pediatrician in the morning or call after hours so the doctor on call can call you back.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• I'd take him to the doc's and definitely give Tylenol or Motrin to help with the fever. You don't wanna mess around with fevers. Keep him hydrated, as the fever is going to be draining him of some fluids as well as the vomiting. If it's a virus, not much you can do other than let it run it's course and keep him comfortable, rested, hydrated, and try to keep the fever down. The sore throat throws me. Reflux? The stomach seems to be churning away, so maybe some bile worked its way up?????? Hope he feels better very, very soon!
    monkeymamma72

Answer by monkeymamma72 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Strep
    Mommysince02

Answer by Mommysince02 at 3:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• I dont know, so I bumped ur question.
    I would suggest taking him to a doctor
    RobynL

Answer by RobynL at 5:29 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Only a doctor is qualified to tell you.
    dreamalong

Answer by dreamalong at 5:36 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Where we live we have two nasty bugs going around. One is strep throat and the other a stomach virus. If his symptoms last more then 24 hours it could be strep throat. Keep him on the B.R.A.T diet for 24 hours ((Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast)), push fluids a sip or two every 15 minutes, and chicken broth. If you see no improvement in 24 hours take him to the doctor.

Answer by gemgem at 6:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2011