Has anyone used Chantix to quit smoking?

If so, did it work? What was your experience.

Talee

Asked by Talee at 3:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• my mother and father in law did and it worked great, they both have completely quit smoking. So then my husband decided to try it out, but he hated it. It made him feel sick and he got extremely irritable, mean, and angry.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have heard this drug is GREAT! And I do know many people who have quit with it, but I didn't like it. It gave me abnormal nightmares and I also got irritable and mean. Just quit. Its expensive and most insurance companies won't cover it. I liked the patch:)
    Anonymous

• I loved it. No side effects at all for me. I quit within 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• I have not used it but have talked to many that have and they said it was the best thing they have ever done for themselves. (I was thinking about getting on it then I got pregnant so I was forced to quit lol) They have told me they dont even think of smoking anymore and certianly dont crave it even months after being off of the prescription.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Thanks ladies, this is encouraging!
    Talee

Answer by Talee at 4:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008