How did you decide on a name for your LO?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 3:11 AM on Sep. 13, 2011 in Baby Names

• Whats LO? Little one?
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 3:12 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Had it picked out since i was about 13, i just always loved the name. With the one im pregnant with now im not sure SO wants something that starts with an r or x for both a boy or girl, so gonna have to wait n see.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:13 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• I picked the name Lillian out when i was about 14. Then my SO said that thats what he was suppose to name his dd and his ex said no. He said he liked eva so he put the two together and made Lylleve. its unique and beautiful.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 3:19 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• IT was complicated...

He's French, I'm Scottish. My brother had difficulty pronouncing names when he was small. Sooo ... whe wanted short names (a French name and a Scottish name for both of our twins) that would be easy to pronounce for everyone so no "r"s and no "th"s.

We drew up a list of names that covered several pages, adding everytime there was a new idea. Then, as time wore on we froze the list and both started striking 3 names per day off of the list. If one of us was very attached to a name struck off by the other it would be put back on the list.

We were eventually left with names that we agreed on - Estelle Duana and Léonie Ailsa. :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:51 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• after having so many girls I was at a loss for a boy name so the girls came together and agreed on a name for me and I liked it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:48 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• agreed on a name for me to give to my son
    wheresthewayout

• Originally all three of us (DH, Me, and DD) went on a baby names website. I forget which one now, but it had a "vote up" section after you put it in your favorites. At first we just went through the list. Anything we liked we saved to the list. All three of us did that. Then we voted on them. If it had at least two positive votes it stayed on the list. If not we deleted it from the list.

From there we narrowed it down further by just talking about it. And Dh and I made the final decision. We were going to choose Gavin for our sons name. But we chose Eldon as the middle name (Family name) and I didn't like that combination. So it was Wyatt instead. :)

With DD Dh and I just talked about future childrens names. He came up with Sierra and I chose Belle (Also a family name)
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:18 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• I've had my DD's name picked out since I was a freshman in high school. The first time I heard the two names, I knew that's what I wanted my first daughter's name to be.

Our next child will be named after my deceased MIL and FIL.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• Told SO every Boy's name I liked and he picked one.
    ZachsMom325

Answer by ZachsMom325 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 13, 2011

• My son Boston was named after the band and my daughter Liv was named after my favorite actress, Liv Tyle.
    ms.youngs07

Answer by ms.youngs07 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 13, 2011