labor

how common is it to go into labor before your due date? at what week did you have your baby? my family always goes about 3 to 6 weeks early so is it possible that i will too? im 30 weeks now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its possible anyone can go early. but just because some people in your family have doesnt mean you WILL. every persons body is different.
    and its very common to go into labor other than on your due date.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• of course it's possible but even at 36 weeks your babies lungs still might not be developed so don't get too anxious since your only 3o weeks i know it's hard to wait but..the last thing you want is a baby in the NICU trust me it sucks.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• im not saying i want to go early...im just asking how common it is.
    Anonymous

• My sister went 3 weeks early with her first and on her due date with her second while I went 3 days over with my first and 9 days over with my second. It's not that common to go early, and just because a family member did doesn't mean that you will. Just keep an eye out for any signs of labor and call your doctor if you have any questions. Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• #1 was born at 30 weeks +1day.
    #2 was 27w4d
    #3 was 41 weeks

having a baby in nicu is horrible. i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. you may or may not follow the family pattern, every person and every pregnancy is different. i had 2 preemies and then 1 a week overdue.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• #1 born 40 wks
    #2 induced 40 wk 4 dy
    #3 born 39 wk 6 dy
    #4 born 40 wk 3 dy

My mom had me at 44 wks. Yes, 44 wks and no her due date wasn't off.
    What I have heard is that it is common for a woman to have about the same gestational time but I haven't heard it in comparison to other family members. Meaning, if I were to have another, I would be right around 40 wks when I went into labor since that is MY personal pattern.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008