Baby sizes

Baby sizes are 0-3 m 3-6 m 6-9 m and 12 m. Where the sam hill is months 10 and 11? What size should I buy for those months? I'd like to hit the sales and buy stuff for the future, but how do I know whether to buy warm or cold things when they don't have months 10 and 11???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's all a guess! ...and it's hard to predict what size your baby will be...you may have a very little baby or you may have a big baby by the time winter rolls around. Ya never know!!! My daughter was 5 months last Christmas and in sizes 9-12 months. My neice who is 8 months this Christmas is still in 3-6 months clothing!! But to answer your question if you want to by 10-11 months clothing for next winter I would buy 12 months.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 3:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• LOL! Baby sizes are confusing. Generally a 10 or 11 month old will be in size 12 months. It really depends on the baby and the clothing company. I have seen some sizes that have said 9-12 months but most of the time it will just say 12 months. Same with 18 months. There are no "special sizing for 12-14 months, or 14-18months, etc. My advice is if you want to buy clothes ahead of time then I would base it off the weight your child is now. If they are average weight then you can buy size 12 months for when she is 10 and 11 months old but if she is smaller or larger then I would adjust to that.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• they also come in 6-12 months, most babies are in 12m size by then tho.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• There are some 9-12 month, but you have to look for them.

I wouldn't count on your baby wearing 12 month clothes when s/he is 12 months old. I had one in 2T's at that age and one going into 3T's!

Don't try to buy too far in advance......
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• just be careful when you shop ahead, my 5 month old is in 9 month clothing! (he's a long baby)
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Look at the weight charts. some brands do what you said, and some have a 9-12 month size. But they all cover the same weights over all. I only go by weight now.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my 6 mo old is in 9 to12 and those r getting small! 3 yr old sis in 5t...i have tall kids. sometimes u can find 9 to 12 i got mione at target walmart and babies r us
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 4:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008