My kids are kicking me out of bed!

We put our kids (age 3) to sleep in their own bedrooms and they fall asleep no problem. But inevitably I wake up being pushed out of my bed because my husband has allowed the kids to join us in the middle of the night. If they were waking me up in the middle of the night, I'd take them back their room so I guess that's why they go to daddy (he'll give them anything their little hearts desire). How can I stop this when I'm not even awake when they do it? I'm tired of moving to the couch at 3 am!

MommyAddie

Asked by MommyAddie at 3:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make a pallet on the floor and let them know that if they want to come into your room at night to sleep, that that is where they are to lay down. Over time coming into mommy and daddy's room won't be quite so much fun and they also don't feel like they are being kicked out.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:24 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Can you take them back to their room as soon as they wake you? Or wake DH up to put them back in their room!

I'm having issues with my 2 yr old right now. We just transitioned her to a toddler bed and she goes to sleep in her room, but halfway through the night she brings her pillow and blankie in and lays on the floor next to myside of the bed. She doesn't even wake me up so half the time I don't know she's there until I get up in the morning.
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 3:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Talk to your husband - he's the one kicking you out by letting them in. You need to work this out with him...
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008