Monthy Cycle, age, weight concerns........read more please

Hi I am new here. I am a 31 year old mother of 3. I am 100 + over weight since the birth of my second child. Always under weight until then. I had not had a monthly cycle since Feb. 2008. The last time I went to the doctor was in August. The weight is the cause of me not having my cycle, the doc told me this. I weigh more now. I started Monday night. At first it was dark blood, now it is bright red. I have seen the dark before, but not the bright red I am seeing now. I am flooding, which I have not done before either. The cramps are bad, though I have had worse. Small clots, though they have been bigger. I had my tubes tied in 2005 after the birth of #3. My concerns are the heavy, bright bleeding. Should I worry and does this seem like a cycle? I have already called my doc, but he won't be in until Monday. Thanks for any input and advice and Happy New Years!

aerocrombiester

Asked by aerocrombiester at 3:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• I did that alot after both kids and getting off my depo shots... I would say it was nothing but forrsure dont miss that doc. appt.
    I
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you havn't had a period in a long time and it is now real heavy and different, I think you're just making up for lost time. The first blood will be dark and then heavy. But if it persists too long, I'd see the doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009