can stress and over work cause a miscarriage? does anyone know the precentage of people that miscarry before 13 weeks?

Asked by melis1029 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think that you need to try to be as calm as possible but it is also possible to miscarry just because you progesterone levels are low and you can take a supplement for that . For info pm me.

Answer by GarlicMom at 3:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I don't know about percentage or anything but yes excessive stress can cause a miscarriage.

Answer by countrymom at 4:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I'm a nursing student, and i asked my bio professor this quesiton last semester. 99% of spontanious miscarriages are from genetic defects from week 3 to week 12. Your body is going to take from you what the baby needs, not the other way around. Chances are,(99%) it was nothing you did if it was 13 weeks or before. misscarages 3 weeks and sooner occur when the placenta doesn't attach correctly or because of insuficcient hormone levels to sustain pregnancy.

Answer by mum2jandj at 4:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yep. mum2jandj nailed it. However stress and over work can contribute in some cases.

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2008