• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone called Time Warner or Brighthouse? What did they tell you?

i'ms ure you all have heard about these cable networks and Viacom.

ssnelson26

Asked by ssnelson26 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Entertainment

• ive tried calling all day nothing. so i've been waiting for an online chat for about two hours and am finally number 9 on the list.. started out at 120 :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• no i dont have those but y are they shutting off those chanels tongiht?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 3:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• saw that too. i pay for those channels, why are they turning them off?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 4:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• apparently to sum it up all the channels that may shut off are apart of the MTV networks, MTV wants more money and TWC doesn't want to make their customers pay more. right now they are trying to come to an agreement but so far, no luck
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 4:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If they shut off our nickeloden & noggin, my 3 yr old will have a nervous break down. She cried the day they did this "national day of play" & they didnt have her "special shows" on for 3 hours.
    Anonymous

• If they shut off these channels I may just drop my Time warner cable. they suck most of time anyhow & are too expensive for what you get as it is
    Anonymous

• Annon 4:22 - It's pretty sad that your child's life is so consumed by the tv that they freak out when it's not on! Give your child some toys, a book, and get them away from the tv!
    Anonymous

• I am so glad that I don't have those Cable networks. There are so many channels I can do without on ours. The religion channels, hispanic channels and 1/2 of the sports channels. Wouldn't it be nice if we could pick our packages so everyone could get what they wish to pay for?

As for children that may be upset missing their shows. Go to Nickelodeon.com, Nickjr.com or noggin.com. You can see many shows there for free. If it wasn't for the digital changeover I would fire my cable company.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I thought it was Viacom who wanted to raise the cost of carrying their channels and Time Warner decided not to screw the subscribers with inflated rates.. It's not really the fault of Time Warner, but Viacom wanted to be like other corporation in this country and make people pay more.
    Anonymous

• I can't get through!!!!!!!!!!
    123motherhen

Answer by 123motherhen at 8:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008