i hate new years....

for some strange reason my brain has it, that new years is a "romantic" holiday kinda like valentines day.....ringing in the new year gets me so depressed. am i the only one who hates new years too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Holidays

• I can't really say that I hate it, but honestly it's going to be just another Wednesday night for me. My husband will come home from work drunk as usual. Maybe not as usual, it IS a holiday so he will come home totally wasted.  Oh and he gets paid today too.  So make that completely trashed out of his mind.  And I don't drink, but it would've been nice to maybe get a bottle of wine.  But nooo, I can't ask him to even go near a liquor store, and it's snowing too bad for me to go.  It'll be just me and my kiddo.  And that's just fine.  He's the best company there is.  And this time next year, we'll be on our own.

So... you're not alone.  Happy 2009.

Anonymous

• Well, new years is not a romantic holiday, is to celebrate being in this earth one more year and to celebrate this holiday with the family and you should not be depressed give thanks to God to ley you be here so you and your family are together be happy HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Take care God Bless
    Anonymous

• I feel Awful today!! But I don't Hate the Day! I'm Sorry you get Depressed this time of year! I can be from Contant Pain & Migraines! Plus+ Being Snowed in way out in the country isn't Fun!! I don't see it as A romantic holiday!! But if you do then you need to find someone & share it.. go out.. Go for it.... Celebrate.. I hated being out Too many wanting Free Kisses & I wasn't liking to oblige!! Don't Be Sad! you're Loved & wanted here!! Happy New Year!! May you find what you're looking for. Don't Be Depressed!! Get help so you're not!! I wish you & everyone Esle A Happy Healthy Happy New Year!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 5:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've never considered New Year's a romantic holiday. If you're referring to kissing someone at the stroke of midnight, well, I personally kiss my kids at that time because hubby works every New Year's.
    Anonymous

• I dont hate it for the romantic reason. I dont even think its romantic. I guess I dont like it anymore because I just dont party much. When I was a kid it was cool, because mom made chex mix and had Canada Dry for us. (she still buys it at the holidays, not sure why). My cousin and I would make taco dip and watch MTV (back when it was cool)
    MBsMom2004

Answer by MBsMom2004 at 3:33 AM on Jan. 10, 2009