Can a ear infection get him off his sleeping schedule?

I found out today that my son has an ear infection in both ears! He used to go to bed around 7pm to 8pm depending on the day but now he has been staying up to 10pm or sometimes 11pm. I am asking to know if i have something to look forward to again...i miss that 7-8 o'clock bed time...he now is just so fussy and is fighting the sleep..

8firsttimemom8

Asked by 8firsttimemom8 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sorry, dd is trying to play too. She actually has 2 ear infections at the moment too. Anyhow, I was saying your sleep patterns change when you aren't feeling well, so it's perfectly normal for baby's too. ear infections can be very painful when baby lays down which makes sleeping difficult. Try having baby sleep propped up (blanket under the crib matress) or in a swing. That may help with pain. My dd actually has very little pain with her infections and tends to sleep more during the day/night. Hope baby feels better. And once he's feeling OK, he'll sleep better for you.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Absolutely! your sleep patterns
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes, if there is pain involved then his sleep schedule can be off. Just like if you were in pain you might not could go to sleep. I hope he feels better soon.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes, I'm sure it can.
    Put breast milk in each ear. Cures it. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008