Are there any 50+ year olds deciding to marry again???

My first marriage of 23 years ended with two lovely children ages 21 and 19, 2 years ago, but the marriage was on the rocks about 8 years before it ended. I have met a wonderful man and we have decided to get married in June of 09. There are so many emotions and fears that I want to share. Are there any other women out there having these same types of feelings??? So many emotions of excitement and looking forward to my future with someone who values me and my whole being in addition to the fears and unknowns...

mysweetie1

Asked by mysweetie1 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• not been there but I do want to say congratulations and let you know that both my parents met their current partners after age 50 and both have been living with the SO for 8-11 years.
    SO CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and good luck.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• good on you think of your happiness its great for you both
    supermum2

Answer by supermum2 at 6:13 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• I'm so glad for you to move on with your life. Just make sure you take care of YOU, health, money and your heart. How long have you known this man? Go slow in this relationship. I know some women that she been there and they just wanted attention and once they got married they wish they didn't for number of reasons. Lonely Women can get stuck with the wrong man if they go to fast on a relationship. I know some one got married and feels that no one else will ever love her again so she going to stay with him even if he soooooooo different than what she thought he was when she was dating him. She feels like I'm real stuck now. I wish I can help her, I be there to talk with her if she wants. So, I'm just saying real take care of your heart and money!! If he's right for you go for it!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 2, 2009

• On my cruise last year, there was a newlywed couple. THeir ages, 77 and 70 or 80 something!
    Anonymous

• Can your kids really have something to say that would stop you from marrying? You've done your time, taking care of them, your other husband, its time now for YOU! Enjoy the romance the attention, just don't rush into anything.
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Congratulations. I am 46 and married my husband, 51 this past June after dating for 2 years and living in separate residences. The thing about remarrying at our age is you definately know what you DON'T want and what your needs are in a relationship. There's something to be said for two mature people who have finally found soul-matedom! Our bond is like nothing I have ever experienced before. Truly wonderful. I have married my best friend. It doesn't matter the age, if you find true deeply gratifying love, enjoy it. You deserve to spend the rest of your life with a true partner. Don't let anyone ruin your happiness. Those who truly love you will only wish you well and be happy for you.
    Smilinski

Answer by Smilinski at 1:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• YOU GO GURL, YOU KNOW YOU STILL GOT IT!!!
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 3:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am 51, marrried for near 26 years of which 12 have been rocky .  Sad but true.  I stay for 'commitment's sake', but this is wearing thin.  I am very happy for you if you have found the happiness you have been searching for.  All the best.

Annk909

Answer by Annk909 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Congrats,

I was married for 25 yrs and have 3 wonderful sons out of that. BUt i have been divorced for little over 2 yrs now. I meant a wonderful man and we are also getting married Sept 25, 09. Im so excited that i cant stand myself , im also scared to. But we already live together and i love him with alll my heart. My sons adore him, but they understand that he is not there father nor he wouldnt ever want to replace them. We deserve to be happy. Im almost 45 its my time to be happy.
    Tonja43

Answer by Tonja43 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009