seperation.........

okay so me and my SO are seperating and he is moving out. He claims he is taking everything he bought for the baby like her clothes, her swing ect. She is only 3 months old. for visitation he is only going to get 6 hours a week. I need these things for her! I dont' have the money to buy new :( What should I do? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• When you know he's going to move out....take her clothes and put them up somewhere else. Maybe in the trunk of your car, even her swing. Therefore, he can't have what he can't find. He's being a jerk.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 4:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• well i would tell him he bought them for the baby to use and that he can take some of the clothes and some other things but the things you use most should stay considering you will have the baby most of the tme.also you dont have to buy new ones they sell good things at the thrift store.he is probable just trying to make you upset cause of the separation. tell him how you feel. i would tell him to carry the things with him on the hour he will have the baby then bring it back with the baby.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 4:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm with Southerncharmes - HIDE IT!!
    bduckett0723

Answer by bduckett0723 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Change the locks and throw his things out onto the porch. When he calls the cops theyll give him 15 minutes to get his things and he wont be allowed to take the babies things. Simple.

Answer by gemgem at 5:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• hide it or ask the police to escort him when taking things, they wont allow him to take baby stuff
    just like southerncharms and gemgem said
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 5:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I totally agree with gemgem. Keep it legal and real. I know it must be disappointing for you when the daddy is such a jerk.
    momdukes59

Answer by momdukes59 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Welcome to Jerkdaddyville. So sorry for you. Keep focused. send those things away untill he's gone. Avoid all dramatics but by all means keep focused...the baby needs those things. It's been my experience that things wiil get better. In the meantime, Keep It Real.
    Realtormom504

Answer by Realtormom504 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• those things belong to the child, not him. Tell him you will have him arrested if she steals her things. If you don't want to go that far try freecycle.org and see if they have the things you need or some church clothesbank. Sometimes they have baby items to give. Then tell him that if he's such a low life that he'd steal from a baby then he needs to rot in Hades.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would let him take an outfit or two, maybe some bottles, and things she will NEED when she visits him.. If you have a bouncer.. maybe he could take that, and you keep the swing... that way he has a place to set her in too. If nothing else you can have him go to a thrift store to pick up something like a bouncer, that was it's cost effective... but really you should have a majority of the babies things, since he is only seeing her 6 hours a week... if he become aggressive about do... ask for the police to be there or a friend, so things don't get out of hand... with the police, at least it will be on file if you have further problems with him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008