37 weeks. and just wondering

well, pretty much 38 weeks. but whats a week. anyways, why does it hurt so bad to sit. why does the top of my tummy cramp up and my back ache. and then even when i stand it doesnt go away. i know i have to deal until this little one is born i was just wondering what causes this?

brittbelvin

Asked by brittbelvin at 4:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like your body is getting ready for labor/birth. Tummy cramps and back aches might even be contractions, so try to keep track of how often the cramps are coming. If you start having more "labor" type symptoms, you might want to call your doctor. I'm not saying you are going into labor right now, but it is obviously coming sometime in the next few weeks. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It could be BH or you might be dehydrated. Dehydration can cause contractions which can make you uncomfortable but don't dilate or efface your cervix. I went to the hospital with dehydration contractions and they sent me home. I'm 36 weeks 5 days.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 5:12 PM on Dec. 31, 2008