my 5month old has been sick with a stuffy nose and cough. is it just a cold?

My 5 month old has been sick for about a week now with a stuffy, runny nose and cough, he's even been vomitting alot of mucus after a bottle. I have the vaporizor going, i spray his nose w/ saline drops a nd then sucker it out w/ the nasal aspirator,which he hates, but the docs say its a cold, it lasts for about 10-14 days at his age. has anyone experienced this? could it be allergies or is he too young to have them yet? I dont know what to do, i feel aweful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like a cold and it does take a couple of weeks to go away. Cut down on the amount of formula you give him but feed him a bit more often...to cut down on the vomiting.

Elevate the head of his bed and steam him in the shower once or twice a day and suction. If it's been a week and he's not any better, or is worse than he was a few days ago, if he's coughing a lot and it sounds rough...take him in and have him checked.

Colds suck and they seem to hang on forEVER.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008