Any one out there that had GD or has GD?

I am pregnant with the third. I am 36 wks. I have gestational with this pregnancy. I suddenly got diarrhea and sugar is low. Is it common for sugar to drop during diarrhea. How can I keep it up in normal range.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had GD with my pregnancies but not diarreah like you describe. The best way to keep your sugar in check is to keep a journal along with the levels of sugar from your testing unit. You will get an idea of what increases and decreases your sugar. If you think your sugar is too low keep PB crackers & orange juice handy. They are the BEST way to bring the sugar back up without getting the sudden drop you might get from other sweets like candy or cake etc. You want to keep away from refines sugar as much as possible.

Answer by gemgem at 5:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It can happen, if your sugars stay low call your doctor just to check in with them. It can be a sign of something else going on if they stay low for any length of time. Don't worry about calling the doctor they would rather you call then not.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 12:46 PM on Jan. 1, 2009