What are you doing with your family tonight?

I made a pumpkin pie, bought some cool whip, hot cocoa, popcorn And we will probably sit around and eat and watch some movies. We may be going downtown as well they are having a family event from 6:30 til 8:30 but itll depend on the weather if we go or not. So what are your plans?

Asked by gemgem at 5:38 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• Kids and I are making candied pretzels, and we have popcorn and hot cocoa. :-) Husband just picked up Martinelli's for kids and a few drinks for us for later in night and we're watching movies, playing board games with children, and watching the celebration, countdown and ball drop on t.v.  Hope you and yours have a great New Years Celebration :-D

Answer by Knightquester at 5:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We are going over to a friends house. We have been doing this for years and the kids love it. There will be less people this year because of the snow. It will still be a great time and I love spending New Years Eve with my family and friends.

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Staying in dd (2) has a mild ear infection , so we will cuddle with her , watch some movies and possibly have a couple of glasses of wine then head to bed.

Answer by Meshell7 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• DD is at grandma's for the night.. so when DH gets home for work we are having chips and dip, I made some peanut butter cookies, we are making smores, and we have beer and wine! Hope you have a great night!

Answer by lilbit837 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• So far we are eating a meat stick, cheese ball and crackers and playing Wii Fit with my SIL and her kids. We will probably stay up late watching the ball drop on tv and playing games or whatever. We would have gone out but it's crazy windy here.

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i actually get a nite with my sweetie, and it is much needed for both of us. dinner ande a movies. yippee!

Answer by 5girlsandme at 5:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Well I live in PA and the weather here is UGLY. We were planning on taking the kids to a movie and out to eat after, but it looks like we'll be holding off until tommorow :(. So we'll probably be doing the same thing most of you are doing, watching movies with popcorn lol. Everyone have a great New years too!!!!

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• We carried a party (sloppy joe, hot dogs, chips, dips, appetizers) to my elderly mother's. After the party was over (by 6:30- as much as she could handle) my sons and their families came over here and we talked and opened presents until it was bedtime for the grandchildren. Now my husband and I will watch the summaries of the year and maybe an old movie on TV and drink a sip of bubbly wine at midnight.

Answer by Bmat at 9:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2008