What is the worst mess your child or children have made?

My 21 month old got into his grandpa's gun oil. Got it all over the floor, couch (a leather like material, thank goodness) and himself and one of his baby twin brothers. All while I was putting the twin's clothes away, like 5 minutes. It took 3 moppings to get it all off the floor, a couple scrubbings to get it off the couch, a bath, rinse, and repeat bath to get it off the kids, and I had to throw away their clothes after the stuff was still on them after 2 washings.

mommyonhawaii

Asked by mommyonhawaii at 5:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Oh, and the same toddler got into his brother's formula and got that all over. I swear he waits until I'm in the bathroom or busy in the twin's room to get into stuff.
    mommyonhawaii

Answer by mommyonhawaii at 5:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• That would be the expensive leather chair she wrote all over with ball point pen. It took a minute or two and it will not come off!
    Anonymous

• My daughter got into a HUGE tub of vaseline and a bottle of baby powder while I was in the shower , she was around 2 at the time and put it ALL in her hair , it took me days and days to get it out .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I went to the BR and my 4 yr old dumped a gallon of peanut oil on the linoleum in our old house. (This was years ago...but the memory is fresh). I used untold amount of paper to soak it up. The mop, and mop and mop. Finally I called my Mom. She said gop buy a bag of clay kitty litter. Spread it on the floor let it sit a few hours. Swept it up..one more quick mop and it was done. I have kept an 'emergency bag' of litter ever since. BTW..the clothes he was wearing and my dish towels he attempted to clean up with all had to be trashed......ahhh preschoolers.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I can only pick one? I remember when my teen boys were young and they stuck one end of the TP in the toilet themn flushed it and the other end of the TP was placed in their room so they could watch it unravel. Another time (same sons) flushed their spiderman wrist band & silly string down the TP (dont ask me how they got it down still a mystery) and we had to have the plumber replace the whole toilet after it flooded the hall way. My youngest while I was in the bathroom got into the fireplace (it wasnt hot) and took all the ashes out and started using it like finger paint mixed in her 7-up. Same dd also went to the bathroom & I checked and she was using my 19 yr old foundation as finger painton the walls.

Answer by gemgem at 5:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• 5 boys + bathroom = BIG MESS

I left the youngest two in baby bouncers and the youngest three where sitting on the floor playing with toys when i left them to go grab some towels. I came back there was baby powder, toothpaste, vaseline, shampoo and lots of other stuff over the floor walls, in the bath, shower and sink it was a big mess. I had only left them like 3mins and it was spotless.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 5:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• When my son was 1 he pooped and smeared it ALL over the wall, the crib and himself....! EWW, it was so gross. I think it grossed him out, he never did it again!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• wow so many to choose from, i would have to say last year i bought my daughters a cute makeup set and they had it everywhere, on the walls, the brand new carpet, their sheets, in their hair, on the dog, ugh it was a mess
    No_Worries

Answer by No_Worries at 6:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My kids poured sugar and koolaid mix all over the living room and kitchen floor. Not as messy as your's but I just mopped the floor. I was afraid of attracting bugs
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Ha have I got a story for you ok when my daughter Selena was I think 3 or so I was baby sitting another child and I put them to bed around 9ish and so I went to bed too. I thought they were sleeping well I was really wrong. I woke up to a huge mess of eggs, cinnamon butter and flour all over my kitchen pans plates and them I was really mad cuz I just went shopping the day before that and that was all of our food. I learned to never go to slepp with out making sure they are sleeping. And then I asked her why did she do that she said she was trying to make me dinner I was really mad but when she told me that it melted my heart. Kids sometimes.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 8:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008