How judgemental are you of parents that feed there childrend sweets?

Asked by tracey77978 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• They are the ones that will have to deal with the outcome that is their choice. We STRICTLY limit the amount of "sweets" that our kids recieve. But that is our choice...

Answer by bbwitchd at 2:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I give my son all the candy he wants- most of the time :) I always had candy bowls around growing up- I don't eat much candy because it is always there- yes I am fluffy now, but it has nothing to do with sweets :) Candy was never a big deal to me- and it is turning out that way with Ayden. He only takes one occasionally- other kids I see that get ZERO candy- go CRAZY when they have sugar...BUT I believe it is every parents right to raise their kids how they want.....but I HATE when people look at me like i have four heads for giving Ayden cake for breakfast on his birthday!

Answer by jessicasea at 2:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• i am not judgemental about it. its thier own kids thier own choice. i perfer not to feed my kids sweets because they are so expensive.

Answer by erins2ndbaby at 2:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Daemon's treat is M&M's (or M's as he likes to call them)when he has had a really good day or been a big help to mommy he get's 2 or 3. He get's cookies sometimes for a snack. He likes Nila Wafers the best. It's not a big deal for us. He get's his fruits and veggies too. So I am not really judgemental at all. I think that if that's all the child eats then there is a major problem and the parent's need to get control of that situation but I don't live anyone's life but my own so I can't pass judgement on anyone else!

Answer by Daemons_mommy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Not really - I'm probably one of those parents. I don't think there is anything wrong with giving your child a sweet every now & then.

I wouldn't let him eat all the candy in the world if he wanted - but letting him have them on occasion is fine with me.

Answer by decemberm00n at 2:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Other Parents can feed their kids whatever they long as I don't have to watch them when they are bouncing off the walls is really none of my business!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I often (although I hate to be judgemental) shake my head when I'm watching an out of control child at the park having a snack of full-sugar juice or soda, "fruit" snacks and cookies.
    I like to give my daughter a balance. She's too young to really know what she's missing out on yet. But still, I will let her have a bite of something sugary every once in a while.
    My problem is when it's someone else giving sweets to my daughter... ex: Mother in law. :)

Answer by ScarlettsMommy at 5:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Do what works for you. I think sometimes we are too judgmental of other moms. Every child is different. What works with your kids may not work for another mom. I think that the most important thing is to teach your child how to have self control around sweets. I was not allowed to have sweets growing up, so when I did get to have them I pigged out. That isn't healthy either.

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I'm not....My pastor said something brilliant about a month or so ago in church "You worry about you - that's a full time job."
    I've got my family to worry about - I'm not going to even start trying to tell someone else how to raise thiers!

Answer by sskyesmom at 9:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have always had candy jars full. My kids will take one or two pieces a day. If you deny your kids sweets they they will go crazy when they get them. My kids have always been pretty mellow, even on soda pop.

To answer your question, I don't care what you feed your kids. As long as you feed them. I have enough to worry about raising my own children. I do not have the time to worry about yours.

Answer by CelticFaerie at 5:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008