What does New Year Eve or Day mean to You?

Does it mean anything ?? Do you do anything? Go anywhere? Will you be up at Midnight By choice? Was anyone born on New Years Day? I have A Brother who was! I used to have BD parties for him alot! But He forgets me so this year I'm not! Am I right to not anymore? No card or nothing from him all year!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Holidays

• Means nothing to me. Its just another day. We stay up and do things with the kids but really its just another day and another number on my checkbook LOL.
    As for your brother, nah youre not wrong. I might call him and say happy bday but thats about it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm up till midnight every night. lol. It honestly means nothing to me but out of tradition, I like to watch the ball drop. I wonder if that's online somewhere because I don't have cable.... (please send me a message if u know!)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It is our anniversary so it is kinda special to me.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• An end to a bad year (2008) with the promise of a new beginning, a new start and hopefully a better year.
    Anonymous

• A beginning to a new year. My husband and I always kiss at midnight. I tell him he has to, he jokes and says, "no way!" Wherever we are, we kiss. Last night we were at our neighbors and had a blast with the grown ups and between 4 families, there were 10 kids an almost all of them stayed awake. It was fun. Today, I was lazy, napped, and then got the cleaning bug, and put all of Christmas away. I wait until today or even later because I've always been told it was bad luck to do it before the New Year.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 1, 2009