What is wrong with one of my cats nuts?

Sorry to be so vulgar but we are all grownups. but anyways, my cat which 7 mo. has a open sore on one of his nuts, it isn't bleeding just sensitive. he doesn't seem to be in pain, and he can sit on it. and it looks like it is smaller than the other. the sore actually is the size of a bb. I know he hasn't been shot because he is an inside cat all of the time.

sjPA

Asked by sjPA at 5:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pets

• Has he been running around the neighborhood, sleeping around with other cats. Maybe he caught something! Sorry I couldn't resist-I don't know anything about cats so I can't help you. Good luck! Poor kitty:(
    Anonymous

• lol good answer anon 552 I needed a laugh
    sjPA

Answer by sjPA at 5:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Maybe he ran around with a married girl kitty and the husband kitty cut his nut off.
    Anonymous

• have you changed litter he may be allergic
    Anonymous

• He should be neutered by now. That should help. Unless you want a biopsy. I would go with neutering. It's cheaper, I'm sure.
    Anonymous

• You are sure it is the scrotum and not the anal gland? Either way, an open sore should be checked. I doubt that it is urgent (as in trying to find vet care on a holiday) but maybe tomorrow take him in. Or if it is time for him to be neutered, make an appointment tomorrow for when that can be done and the sore can be checked then. (Last time we had a male cat neutered they did not remove the scrotum, although in your case since one is having a problem, they might. ) Check it a few times a day to make sure it isn't getting worse. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 11:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• I'm Glad you care..! Go to Purina's Website.. I think they have A Vet. you can ask A Question to... I wish you luck! Did he Sit on something? Is it infected? Can you wash it?? Anything clean has A better chance to heal Well!! No chance of A Tick or Flea bite right?? Hope he Gets Well Soon! I Love Cats!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:24 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Is there puss coming from it? Can you pop it? You can put neosporin on it but he'll prob. lick it.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 12:29 AM on Jan. 3, 2009