Are you doing the blue for boys, pink for girls thing?

I know, i'm bored... so i'm asking random questions. I wasn't planning on it but I've caught myself buying ALL pink except a few other cute items! I'm also considering ear piercing my little girl.... you?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would never pierce my girls ears , when they ask we might do it .
    But yes I bought plenty of color appropriate stuff during my pregnancies , pink or not sometimes its too cute to pass up.
    Anonymous

• Haha not so much i got really tired of lookin at pink and I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 2 months old on my 20th b-day and shes now 2 and loves wearing then cause shes just like mommy
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 6:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm not pregnant, but when I do have a girl her colors will be chocolate brown and purple. Not sure about a boy, I'm sure my hubby will make me do a sports theme though.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I did green for my son since I like it better and did a frog theme in the nursery. I personally would never ever pierce a baby's ears, but I'm not going to preach about it. I used to pierce so if you want my opinion you can PM me.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have already picked out his outfit to come home from the hospital in and it's blue and beige (winnie the pooh) and most of his things will be from his 17 month old brother and most of the new born things are blue and beige......but I do have a few things I need to buy still for him but I'm thinking of leaning towards the green colors......When I was pregnant with my now 2 year old daughter I bought everything I could think of in pink I was so happy that I was having a girl...and I did get her ears pierced at about 4 or 5 weeks old right after her immunizations.....
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• This one lady on here was asking how chocolate brown go's with pink or brown and I thought it was a neat way to make pink or blue not so blah.... When you add Brown to the mix it gives a modern but fun look. Pink and brown remind me of ice cream and brown and blue remind me of sail boats and water.
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 6:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I love brown on a baby, but I've just ended up buying pink... however, I've gotten different clothes for 12 months. It's just newborn is so hard to find other colors in
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• No I specifically asked people to not go pink crazy for my DD. I don't have a problem with pink but didn't want her in just pink. I like purple, blue, yellow, and green and such.
    nomadbrat83

Answer by nomadbrat83 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I DEFINITELY WOULD PIERCE MY LITTLE GIRLS EARS. I THINK THE SOONER THE BETTER. BUT I WAS DREADING HAVING A GIRL FOR THE FACT OF BEING BOMBARDED WITH PINK, I PERSONALLY HATE THE COLOR IN GENERAL.
    MY BABY BOYS ROOM IS GREEN, YELLOW, AND BROWN BUT TONS OF HIS CLOTHES ARE BLUE FROM THE SHOWER.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 8:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008