is cereal at 2 1/2 months a good idea if so how should i give it

sari1102

Asked by sari1102 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't give my baby food until 11 months old. I do breast feed though.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• its fine my ped told me to star my daught n she jus turned 2 months...i give 1 tspn n 4oz of formula
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Cereal isn't recomended until they are 4 months old. If you decide to do it I would not put it in the bottle. A baby's reflexes for swallowing solids aren't quite ready until between 4 and 6 months.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:33 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too young.
    Any pediatrician who would give such bad advice really shouldn't be "practicing" with your children.
    Aside from the potential health problems in giving your baby solids too soon, there is absolutely NO reason to do so. At all. Ever. Period.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 6:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• No, it's not always a good idea. There are times when a pediatrician will recommend it, however. (usually they say to wait until 4 or 6 months)

If you are going to give it, use a spoon, mix a little with the formula and give it that way. There really isn't any reason to give it, though...unless medical and per your pediatrician...then I would ask him/her for instructions how to give it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Giving baby cereal can cause problems in the bowels
    christi509

Answer by christi509 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Really bad idea. Wait for another 3.5 months,
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If your pedi told you to do it for MEDICAL reasonsthen go for it. Some babies need the thicker formula but to do it bc you think its okay is not a good idea. Its hard for them to digest. And if you think that it will help your little one sleep better thats a myth. Babies will sleep the way they sleep until they are ready to change it. Talk to pedi it's the best idea.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i think that you need to read up on how young they can be... i read that they are too young at that age an they cant digest the cereal.. it will just sit there in your lil ones belly like a rock... i would do some more research hun
    djdiddles62

Answer by djdiddles62 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• ohh an to add on to what i wrote they can choke at that young of an age too... so think its a bad idea
    djdiddles62

Answer by djdiddles62 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008