how do u find a good/trustworthy mechanic?

Our car cost $350 to have it fixed on monday, now the lites back on and the guy who worked on it said"Oh we prolly didn't connect something right, so it will not cost too much." WTH? Sounds shady to me. How do you know if the mechanic u r dealing w/is telling u the truth? we checked w/another guy and he said something totally different was wrong w/it. I hate to pay anymore until I know for sure, HELP!

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 6:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Sorry. That sucks. We are lucky because my step-dad is a mechanic. He replaced the engine in our truck for $900. How about referrals from friends?
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 7:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If you have an AUTO ZONE around they will check your lights with the computer to let you know what is wrong with it... go online and check the price of the part that is the problem... that way you know you wont be scammed... talk to your friends and ask them if they have a mechanic they can recommend, and talk to the mechanic about priced labor.. that way you are prepared and know what your dealing with... the mechanic won't be so quick to scam you either... especially if your a girl.. my dad's a mechanic.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• we don't know anyone really to ask here, all friends /family live away from us.We do go to auto zone first but still we get confused. I was wondering if there is a site somewhere to get recommendations or something? ty for the help tho ladies.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009