How many of you know actual people from this site?

Were you friends before or after? I've met one mom from this site, but we met via another site.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Relationships

• Several of my friends have joined, and one of my great friends invited me to the site. I probably have 6 or more real life friends on here, and it's a great way to keep up with them.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 6:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I didn't know anyone on here when I joined, but I have since met a friend.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I know one person in real life off of here. We met on here and we have kids around the same age. She's completely different from me and I guess we get along. I think more than anything we like to get the kids together. She's a hardcore born-again Christian, which I don't have anything against, but I am not a Christian or church goer. She's all "Fooey!" and I am all "Shit". Needless to say we really don't get together all that often.
    Anonymous

• A girl invited me to be her friend and as I checked out her home page I realized she was someone I knew from my old town! We have reconnected and are planning to see each other sometime soon.small world.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've met two mom's so far, and have set up to meet a couple more.
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 6:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I actually was introduced to this site by someone I know. She loves it. I'm finding it to be at least a positive past time. Hopeful about meeting other interesting people.
    Realtormom504

Answer by Realtormom504 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I came over to this site from another with a group of about 150 other women... we all used to talk just about every day on the other site. Someone found out about CafeMom and we all made the move to a private group on here together. Now our group's at about 100 and it's an amazing group. We talk, laugh, cry... even argue... and always seem to come back together again!

In real life I've only been able to meet 2 of them and have only spoken to 5 on the phone. I definitely have more in common with some than others, but I've learned a lot from all of them.

Our group is very unique and amazing!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 6:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I have met 2 moms off of here in person. Its fun:)
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've met at least 7 women from my area because of the site and my sister and mother are on here as well. one chick i knew from high school that is on here.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:26 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've met 2 moms & 1 of them now goes to my Bible study with me, so I see her once a week. I may meet up with another mom soon, who's about 1 1/2 hours away, in Tampa.
    christianmom55

Answer by christianmom55 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008