Sippy cup reaction

I gave my son Apple juice mixed with water in a sippy cup for the first time today...Hes about to be 6 months and can sit up on his own.
That took a few sips, put down the cup and looked up at me like I'd punched him.
What the heck? Has anyone else had this reaction??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 7:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The sippy cup reactions are fun to watch. And it is different with differnt cups. We have 3 and she only likes one of them. I need to buy more. Keep trying he will eventually take it. And be okay with it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Yes! It's always entertaining when you introduce new tastes! Mine always did that.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• maybe try it with just water next time. . ..

DD acts like Ive handed her a lemon anytime I try to feed her bananas. Her whole body shakes and her face squinches up lol and she's 14 months!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my daughter gave me that look the first few times i gave her apple juice, my mother told me to add more water and less juice until she was used to the taste then work in a little more juice periodically... she now drinks juice by itself with no strange reactions!
    Anonymous

• have you given him juice in a bottle before? it may be the juice he doesn't like.. if you have, then sometimes kids just dont like them. my daughter will take a sippy all day long... she just turned a year old but when it comes to bed time she wants a baba, lol.. it's a pain because then I have to wait to brush her teeth, but kids will be kids.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008