homemade baby food

Is it really better? Do I have to get the BABY food processor? Or can it be a regular one?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 7:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You can use a regular one. Whatever works for you to get it the right texture for your baby.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I got a great tip from someone here. She froze her homemade baby food in ice cube  trays so she could thaw out a little at time when she needed it. Brilliant!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Regular one. I had every intention of making my own baby food but she didn't even eat solids until 11 months. I breast feed. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• You can use a regular one, some even prefer a blender! Check out www.wholesomebabyfood.com for everything you need to know!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 7:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• blenders are really great.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• A blender like this one?
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5811500
    Or a regular one?
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 8:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I used a bullet.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I use a regular old blender
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I used my Magic Bullet for small amounts. I also reused my glass jars to store & freeze the food in. I know they say that is bad but . . . I've never had a problem. Just thaw the jars before you heat them.

Try this site for recipes http://www.cuisinart.com/baby/recipes/index.php
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• Use the same type of blender you would for a Margherita...lol..But seriously, I made all my kids baby food, I also did the ice cube tray way, just remove them to a ziploc Mark with date and what it is carrots and sweet potatoes and certain squashes can all look the same...very easy...if you use jars as the other lady said just make sure to sterilize them before hand..the other thing is when boiling do NOT drain away the water...keep it to thin the food after processing to get it to the right consistency... you can also make their food from your leftovers...just be careful with seasonings. Good luck
    franksbaby927

Answer by franksbaby927 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 3, 2009