what???

what things are needed to pack for the baby for the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• slippers for you, brush, night gown for after baby, out fit for baby, outfit for baby's pictures(if you get them done at the hospital), camera(if you want), cell phone(if you want), lotions, chap stick, i cant think of anything else....
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• clothes to come home as well as a blanket. Don't forget the car seat!
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• fuzzy socks
    camera
    cell phone
    cell phone charger
    robe/night gown
    going home outfit for you (not pre-pregnancy size)
    going home outfit for baby
    nightgown
    shampoo/conditioner
    brush
    toothbrush
    your own pillow
    I also liked having some suckers while I was in labor (I wasn't allowed to have food, or hard candy but suckers were allowed. Hard candy was not because of a choking hazard)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• For Baby: Going home outfit, scratch mittens (babies usually have long nails at birth), socks, pacifier (if you plan to use one), breast feeding pillow/boppy, I had a bear that I had the hospital staff & delivery team sign to keep as a memory, recieving blanket, a few burp clothes.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• In addition to the other things, you may also want to take your own pads. I remember when I had my son, they gave me these monstrous things! You may also want to take nursing pads even if you're not breastfeeding in case you may leak.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 7:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would bring 2 outfits for the baby. 1 is a backup. My son peed all over his #1outfit. I was glad I had the second.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 8:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• for your clothes take jogging pants or something (not your prepreg. jeans) -- I made that boo-boo
    A couple of onesies for your child, robe and 1 or 2 nightgowns, cond/shampoo, toothbrush, hairbrush and other personal care items, a couple of socks/slipper, going home outfit for child cell phone/charger, camera (and/or videocamera), a book (for me b/c I'm a book addict)
    and I had my Tigger with me for both my labors.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• oh and if you are going to bf don't let everyone see the baby first have them put him/her right into your arms to latch on as soon as born (the weighing etc can wait a few min.) TRUST ME it makes a difference.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• All these posts are good I just have a couple to add.. When I was prego with 1st baby I packed around 5 outfits for him.. everyone just laughed their butts off but i didn't care. Well.. turns out I went into labor and 15 hours later had an emergency c section. I had totally normal pregancy and was not planning on that. Good thing I had all those outfits cause I was in the hostipal for 4 1/2 days. Also.. when I had my 3rd.. I brought in depends undergarments instead of pads.. they give you pads in the hospital but you wear them with mesh underwear and if you leak then you get your clothes all nasty. I wore the undergarments over what they gave me and I didn't leak everywhere and they feel like normal underwear.. just a little bigger.. Good luck and Happy New Year
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2008