Are you a picky eater?

I am not "picky" but I'm the type of person who won't eat something unless I'm absolutely in the mood for it. It could be a food I like. If I do eat something I'm not in the mood for, it either bothers my stomach or I just don't want it. I hate being like this. I've been like this my entire life and I thought I'd grow out of it. My SO will eat anything you give him and I'm not like that and its really bothering me. How do I get out of it?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Picky eaters unite!

I've been one my whole life and proud of it.

I have never eaten a big mac, had subways, or starbucks. I'm afraid to go to a restaurant and order something new. My husband loves to try new foods and has to try to trick me to taste things. He swears he's going to get me to eat mustard, LOL! But my wonderful nose will never let that happen.
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 7:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I am a very picky eater. I eat what I know--I am not into trying new things. My husband will eat anything and tries to trick me into eating other things. He has even tried to get me to eat deer by putting it in chili--hoping the spices would hide the difference. Did NOT work. My kids are thankfully not like me. They will at least try anything. The only thing my daughter will not eat are lima beans. I have no problem being picky.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Ditto!!! When I get McD's, I get a quarter pounder with cheese, but TOTALLY PLAIN. Meat and bun only lol. So that's probably more than picky and just really really weird!!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I am a picky eater. I see nothing wrong with it.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• im the worst when it comes to food....im picky and scared to try things.... ugh....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 7:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I am a picky eater. I've expanded my menu a bit since meeting hubby, but still, I'm not daring at all. I hate trying new things in a restaurant.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'm a VERY picky eater also. I've got 2 sons...one picky and one not. I'm also one of those people that has to have my food separated on my plate and nothing can touch each other. And if any of the juices get on anything else...the plates as good as ruined....LOL My DH and oldest son mix their food on their plates all together and my younger son an I think it's incredibly gross!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I also don't try new things very often and there are things that I will NEVER eat. Like Guacamole...it's ugly, gross, looks like boogers and I won't ever try it. I know ~ how juvenile right? LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I don't consider myself picky...I'll try almost any food before deciding whether I like it or not. I love Mexican, Indian and Thai, and I like some "strange" foods like sushi, rutabaga, asparagus and Brussels sprouts. However, some family members think I'm picky because I don't like to eat any food that's been frozen too long, especially meat. I prefer to buy it, cook it and eat it all in the same day.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 8:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008