HOW DO U ANSWER WHEN A 8 YEAR OLD ASKS ' WHAT IS SEX?'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• Honestly .
    They make books for that age group , if you can't say it buy a book and read it together .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Honestly and in a way that she can understand.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Give as much info as they seem interested in. They'll hear it from you or a kid on the bus. Hopefully you will be more accurate with your information.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would start with simple answers and slowly give more information as he asks more questions--I would not give him any more info than he needs at this age.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Tell them. My kids all know. I start explaining at about 5. Kids learn too young and I want to be the one to give them the facts. Not some kid at school or their buddy down the street.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 1, 2009