How Long Will It Be Untill My Daughter Doesn't Cry For Me?

My daughter is 3 and half years and started pre school a week ago and she cry when I leave and her teachers say that she will cry off and on for me how long will be until my daughter doesn't cry for me?

JV_Ghostbusters

Asked by JV_Ghostbusters at 11:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No don't want to consider that because sending her to preschool will be good for yes she will make friends and yes it's she will learn she can't have you 24/7 little babies need their parents 24/7 and not sending her to preschool will be treating her like a baby.I sent my son to a daycare when he was 1 year old for when my father couldn't babysit well hey I was still in high school. I know you asked this in yahoo anwsers and someone said to spank her if she doesn't stop and that will not help too it will just make her cry even more and then she will never stop and it will make her hate you my father use to spank me when I was bad I hated him when he did it to me and don't worry she will get use to you leaving and you will always come back for her and will take sometime.

My son started not having me by his side since he was 1 and he is 5 years now and started kinder garden he doesn't cry for me.
    S1992_Mama

Answer by S1992_Mama at 4:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2011

• Have you ever heard the song Your'e gonna miss this. By Trace Adkins Even if you don't like country you need to listen to the words!!
    teeg1

Answer by teeg1 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2011

• It's a good thing that she cries for you. It means she has a good attachment, loves you, and feels loved. Maybe you could consider not sending her to preschool. That is so young, and she wants to be with you.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 3:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• My comment for MYGiftsFromGod answer I don't think taking her out of preschool is good because how is she gonna learn that she can't be with me 24/7 and how is she gonna make friends like I'm not gonna be with her when she goes to elementary and high school.
    JV_Ghostbusters

Comment by JV_Ghostbusters (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2011

• I wish my DD would cry for me....... :'( .........,my mom took all of that away from me,I know I should move out w/ my DD but,I don't have the money and can't get government assistance........................ and I have another on the way.......................... :'(
    JennyRod11

Answer by JennyRod11 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2011

• My son went through a crying period of a few weeks both years he was in preschool. It wasn't even at the beginning of the year! My best advice after doing this we 2 of my 3 boys is to just stick it out. Don't feed into her crying, talk about school being a fun happy place, what she will get to do, what friends she will get to see.

I would carry my son in kicking and screaming if need be. I would tell him to have a great morning, to have fun playing, and that I would be back in a little bit to pick him up. A quick kiss and goodbye and off I went. The longer you prolong the good bye, the harder it is for both of you. And trust me, I left in tears a few times myself. It can be heart breaking. Also, I don't know what the pick-up arrangements are but I always tried to be one of the first parents there so my son didn't worry I wasn't coming as all his pals were going home.

Hang in there! It gets better, I promise!
    clabk2000

Answer by clabk2000 at 8:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2011