Baby hit her head....AGAIN!

My daughter is such a little princess, but also a tomboy at 2! She is constantly hitting her head! she always does this little monkey thing where she grabs my hand and wraps her other hands and legs around me. well today she decided that she was going to do it while we were walking out from dropping brother off at school, and i couldnt grasp her hand quick enough and she fell, on her back and i think she might of bumped her head a little? I did all the mommy things, like calm her down, check her pupils, ask her 21 questions LOL, and she is fine. My husband is getting sick of me asking if he thinks she has a concussion and he has ban me to say it LOL. I just feel so bad, is it normal for kiddos to hit their heads alot? she is all over the place, she takes after her dad, and my son is very serious and reserved, like me. I guess i just need some fellow mommies to share their stories, cuz as of right now I just feel really bad about her hitting her head...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I got a 3 year old boy, and it seemed like there for a while he didn't go a day without bumping his head, its just they joys of having a toddler.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 12:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• 1 if the child crys and then suddenly falls asleep WORRY. 2.if they appear fine , then throw up WORRY other than that check web md they have an easy check list for checking for concussion check it print , i used to have in on my fridge . and then one day IT DID HAPPEN and i was prepared
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• Don't be worried. My son has hit his head SOOOOOO many times already. Ever since he started sitting on his own. Its my fault but accidents happen. Luckily he's good though. He fell off the bed a few times too. He's hitt his head on the pavemen..in the bathroom..he's fallen on his face and scratched his forehead...he's been wanting to run so he's tried and he's fallen ttoo. I'm not trying to sound like a bad careless mom but all the times he's fallen I'm right there but I take my eye off him for a second and next thing I know I know he's fallen...I see nothing wrong with him and he's ok so don't b worried.
    HisMommy4Ever

Answer by HisMommy4Ever at 12:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• I know thats how toddlers are. I just never experienced this with my son because he was so reserved geeze when he was two, he told me that the pigs in the blanket were not pigs they were "hoddags" the the blanket was "bizkey" LOL. So this is a new thing to me, and it just scares me. Like the doc said, she worries about me having a heart attack more than the baby hitting her head.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• wait til shes older and you ask
    "where in the world did you get that huge bruise"?
    and she either says "I don't know" or tells you the whole story which is waaaay more nerve wracking.

seriously i was in the ER so often I began to fear people were going to think I was beating the kids. fortunately for me i live in a small enough town, and most of the employees come from large enough families that they recognized the difference between active kids and abused kids.

"I am Not going to the ER today" became one of my mom sayings for a while. No, you are not alone.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• I was just thinking about this. I want to get my son a helmet. He just hits his head SO DANG MUCH it drives me crazy. I'm constantly freaked out about it.

He's only 9 months and from 5 months he was just constantly hitting his head. And there was nothing I could do about it. They were 100% unpreventable incidences.

Literally every single time I was right next to him and suddenly he'd smack his head against the table or something. It was entirely out of my control!

I just watch for signs of concussion. lol. Nothing else you can do!

Drives me nuts!
    Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 9:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2011

• is she ok hope so
    mrs.harrison812

Answer by mrs.harrison812 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2011