Does your 2yo do "pretend play" yet?

My other kids were never like this but my 2yo loves to play with her Little People and they all have names and talk to each other...and she does it all on her own. The mommy carries the baby around and feeds her, the dad plays ball with the other kids, etc.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 3:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son will be 3 Sunday, but I noticed not too long ago, he started having his cars talk to the other cars. He will also put imaginary plates in his imaginary microwave in the back yard. It's so cute!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My son likes to pretend the remote is a phone. It lets me in on some of his thoughts, so when he does it, I listen up.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My 19 month old does this all the time she will cook in her play house and bring it too me and then set at her little table and feed her babies and play with her weebles and doll house the same way, I love to sit and watch her play.
    hollinicole

Answer by hollinicole at 3:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My little one loves to hold her stuffed doggie up so it can see things. She shows it things when we take walks, shows it pages in books. She also pretends to feed it snacks and drinks. It's very cute.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• yeah if i leave them alone (don't put in a dvd or have them helping me) they tend to talk to their toys, use their imaginations.
    I like cooking toys, with a cash register. we don't get them out everyday because they aren't then very special.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2008