what do you do if your kid dropped off

her kid and hasn't even called or checked on her baby for a week?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 7:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't understand why she would be angry with YOU either. I would still be very concerned about the baby being with her. If she is able to walk away from her baby for a week with no contact, something isn't right. Whatever the reason is, not ready, unfit, partying, overwhelmed.....etc, she is obviously not having typical maternal feelings. Most of us would go insane being away from our babies for that long with no contact, don't you agree? I agree, it is her responsibility to care for her baby but if she isn't, it is the responsibility of those that know she isn't to make sure that the baby is cared for one way or another. I feel for you. I hope she snaps out of it. I hope it all turns out well.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 2, 2009

• Keep watching the baby , unless you wish to involve CPS .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would probably think that she pretty much abandoned the child and continue to take care of the child or call CPS.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• depends on what you want to do and on her history in general.
    I have a feeling this may not even be the first time b/c you're not even worried about whether she is okay.
    At the very least maybe a serious conversation about whether she even wants to be a mom
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Your daughter needs help. Take care of her child and help her get help for herself.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would march myself into court and get custody of the child until she grows the hell up and proves that she wants to be a mother. At least you know that the child is being cared for that way. Good luck to you.
    Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• u call her...
    Anonymous

• I would be calling all of her friends, the hospitals and the morgue! But that's just me...
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I HAVE BEEN CALLING HER CELL NO ANSWER, BEEN TO HER HOUSE I HAVE A KEY SHE HAS NOT BEEN THERE, WENT TO HER FRIENDS HOUSE SHE IS NOT THERE LOOKED UP ON THE INTERNET IF SHE WAS IN JAIL...NO
    justgg

Answer by justgg at 8:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Answered at 7:02 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 by: Jynnifer292
    I would march myself into court and get custody of the child until she grows the hell up and proves that she wants to be a mother. At least you know that the child is being cared for that way. Good luck to you.

Tough one...and I definitely agree with this answer! Good luck to you Grandma {{ HUGS }}
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2008