hes one!!!! part 2!!!!

a few weeks ago i posted about my son peeing threw his diaper and how he wakes up EVERY night....

i dont know what to do! i tried putting cloth diapers over his pampers, ive put his pampers over cloth diapers, ive doubled up on his pampers, and the next size up is WAY too big... when he wakes up at night i have to go in his room, i cant let him cry it out because 9 times out of 10 his SOAKED from toe to neck!!! i just dont know what else i can do! if you have ANY ideas please let me know!! im desperate for sleep!

also im being told by ALL my in-laws and friends that i should be weening my son from the bottle... but does that mean im supposed to put his milk in a sippy and completely stop using the bottles? or use bottles at nap and bed time? ive tried putting milk in my sons sippy and he freaked out and wouldnt drink it so i put it in a bottle and he drank it like no big deal..

please help

wisteriastars

Asked by wisteriastars at 8:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• For the peeing:
    First, check with his doctor to make certain there aren't any medical problems. That's a LOT of pee.
    Second, have you tried Huggies Overnights? That's what I use. Pullups hold LESS than a regular diaper so don't use them.

For the bottles:
    You can take the bottles away or let him have them at naptime and bedtime - it's up to you. BUT if you wait, he will probably use them until he is old enough to give them up on his own - usually around 3. AND the extra fluid is part of the soaking through probelm. So decide if you want to take them away now or later and stick with it.
    If you let him have the bottle, make sure it is only water. He will get used to milk in a sippy cup though he will pitch a fit for a while.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Check with his dr about his bladder..might be a problem . dont let people tell u what to do with his son..... HEs only 1 or 2.. give him a sippy cup here and there... bottles r still needed for naps and bed. and in the morning bc sometimes the baby is too sleepy.. start out givin him one for lunch and dinner..... then lunch dinner and snack.... then so forth
    Anonymous

• Try using his sippy cup for juice/water first then once he gets used to it you can try milk. I am sorry about the diaper thing and I really don't have any help on this because my kids have never done this. Have you tried a different brand of diapers? I use Luvs and this has not happened for me. My guy is 21 months old.
    Christymom4

Answer by Christymom4 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i didnt mean his son... i ment ur son lol
    Anonymous

• my daughter leaks through cheap diapers... maybe pull ups over a diaper???
    Anonymous

• Have you tried two hemp inserts in your cloth? DD is a very heavy wetter, sometimes nursing 6 times at night (meaning a VERY wet diaper!). Two hemp inserts was exactly what I needed!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:10 PM on Dec. 31, 2008