Do you have to pay airfare for kids under 3 ?

I'm looking to travel with my two little ones and not sure if you have to pay full price for a 1yr old and 3 yr old.

Bellisimarose

Asked by Bellisimarose at 10:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2011 in Travel

• You can still take a lap child for free (per each paying adult, you can't fit two kids on one lap, lol!) for all children UNDER the age of 2. Once they reach 2 you need a seat. Each airline may have varying rules, but that is the standard.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• It used to be that you had the option to carry a child 2 and under on your lap or purchase a seat for them. All kids over 2 had to have a seat.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• They are free if they sit on your lap. I believe the rule is under 3. So you would have to buy a seat for the 3 year old, unfortunately at full price. The baby can sit on your lap. Maybe you'll be lucky and no one will take that third seat!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• Won't they be taking up a seat just like anyone else? I would think the air fare should be the same.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2011