Do you have to pay airfare for kids under 3 ?

I'm looking to travel with my two little ones and not sure if you have to pay full price for a 1yr old and 3 yr old.

Asked by Bellisimarose at 10:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2011 in Travel

• You can still take a lap child for free (per each paying adult, you can't fit two kids on one lap, lol!) for all children UNDER the age of 2. Once they reach 2 you need a seat. Each airline may have varying rules, but that is the standard.

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• It used to be that you had the option to carry a child 2 and under on your lap or purchase a seat for them. All kids over 2 had to have a seat.

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• They are free if they sit on your lap. I believe the rule is under 3. So you would have to buy a seat for the 3 year old, unfortunately at full price. The baby can sit on your lap. Maybe you'll be lucky and no one will take that third seat!

Answer by mompam at 10:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2011

• Won't they be taking up a seat just like anyone else? I would think the air fare should be the same.

Answer by scout_mom at 10:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2011