help?

i had a c section 5 wks ago. i nurse and usally that stops ur period.. it started to slow down and was almost done but then it started again.. my c section got infected i went to the dr got med got an exam and everything was fine. my period is DARK not black though. Any idea of why?? I cant go back to my dr bc they dont take medicaid unless ur preg and i already went to my last Appt. (im tryin to find one)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• Go to a clinic and see if you can get on birth control-it may interfere with breast feeding but I had to get bc to stop my bleeding after my daughter. I bled for four months and finally said enough is enough and bc was the only thing that worked. As far as the color-I am not sure-I would deffinately ask. Can you call your ob and ask a nurse or something-you dont have to go in, just ask to get an idea of what you should do.
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• GO TO A CLINIC ASAP!
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• can u tell me why?
    Anonymous

• It just sounds weird the dark blood you may be fighting an infection of some sort i've never heard of anyone having dark blood-period. Is it dry like?Maybe it's just ending again or something but you see when it comes to having a C-section and just having it done you don't wanna screw around w/ your health ever.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 9:09 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• well its always been dark... my paps r normal... the dark has always been at the end just not as much as this.
    Anonymous

• Maybe give it a day and see but if it gets heavier or u start to hurt go to the doc.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008