• In the Spotlight:

Why does my son hate when my husband and I kiss?

My 5 year old hates when his dad and I kiss. I'm not talking about french kissing just plain old quick smack on the lips or cheek. He gets really mad and tells us to stop . He actually hates when My husband and I hug or sit on the couch together. Any insight would be helpful its driving us crazy.

SixPack747

Asked by SixPack747 at 8:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• Maybe he's jealous ?

My daughter just comes and hugs us too , or kisses us too when we hug or kiss . My older kids just say ewwww gross mom LoL
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It is a phase. both of our boys did it, he is used to getting all of mommy's attention and is at that point where he does not want to share. He will out grow this, the important thing in the mean time is to show him that he is not the boss, that you and your hubby do not stop just because he tells you too.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It's the Oedipal complex rearing it's ugly head! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think it is just jelousy maybe
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think the jealousy bug bit him.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I agree it is definately a jealousy thing.
    hionlife

Answer by hionlife at 9:41 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My son gets just as much kisses and hugs if not more than my husband. He gets so mad sometimes he runs and kicks my hubby and raises his fists to him. He does have a smirk on his face while doing this. In the same note he gets so angry that he is in tears too. He try's to put barricades around me so my husband can't come near me.
    SixPack747

Answer by SixPack747 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think its a phase myself...my daughter is three and she does the same thing. Me and her dad dont live with each other but when he is around and he hugs me to leave or gives me a quick kiss she has to be right there joining or trying to push us apart....
    Sunshine38585

Answer by Sunshine38585 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• My daughter is five and does the same. She thinks that she is the center of our universe and gets very upset when she is not getting all of the attention. Completely normal!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 2:58 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• My toddlers do the same thing! Whenever dh and hug and kiss they whine and push us apart.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 6:50 AM on Jan. 1, 2009