Am I the only one that thinks Walmart is getting ridiculous?

I went to Walmart to return a book today. My mother bought me two copies for Christmas, she bought the first one and forgot about it, and so bought the second. lol When I took it in, they tried to tell me I couldn't return it b/c of "federal copyright law". Now, I can go to Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Waldenbooks, Amazon.com and buy a book and return it as long as I have my reciept/packing slip. But, when I ask the woman how this is, she threatens to call the cops. B/c I want the answer to a simple question? I'm seriously sick of Walmart and all their crap anymore.

tropicalmama

Asked by tropicalmama at 8:39 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Shopping

• GETTING? theyve BEEN ridiculous lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I've been sick of Walmart for years. They have crappy customer service. That dorky vest they wear might as well read...How may I NOT help you instead How may I help you...LOL All Walmart stores may not be as bad as the one near my house but I'll go out of my way NOT to go there. They've sucked the life out of all Independently owned Mom & Pop companies and it's been really sad to watch. I'd rather go to Target, even though their parent company is French, then give Walmart any of my hard earned money! Whew...can you tell I have Walmart issues? LMAO!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Did you ask for the manager? I'd go back in and ask to speak to them. But, yeah, Walmart isn't well known for only hiring competent, polite staff. When our local store first opened there were a few of the workers who were just plain snotty. I complained, and was told that everyone was just stressed because it was their first week and close to Christmas. I told them this was a business and they wouldn't get far on being rude. And they didn't. The manager was replaced within a couple months and so were a lot of the staff. They mostly make an attempt to be helpful. But of course no matter where you shop there's always one or two employees who have an attitude.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 8:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• WOW, that's a new one. I'd try again, but with a different person who will probably give you a different answer.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Oh, I did forget to mention that she did let me return it "just this once". I just don't get how this "federal law" seems to apply only to them. And happytobeme, yes, I can tell, and I'm right there with you. I told my mom tonight that I'm not going there anymore. I'll go to kmart, target, the friggin gas station before I go to walmart again!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I hate that place i shop there at crazy hours cause i can't stand the crowds and all the stupid dirty ppl and i never take my children there ever.I did'nt shop there all christmas long because i did'nt want to return anything from there, i feel so sorry for those ppl that work there.To be honest you would probbly be better off keeping the book and regifting it to a close friend.
    Anonymous

• the employee's there are SOO rude.. i always have a bad experience with them its terrible!!! i've got tons of stories but i'd be here all night....
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:59 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Thats funny, my hubby works for walmart and he said people return books all the time and i know i have returned books at are walmart before...... i think every walmart has diffrent rules because a walmart here wont let u return formula cause it is a wic item but the one down the street will, explane that...lol i think they just dont know what they are doing
    Anonymous

• That's crap because I have return books there before without any problems but I only shop at walmart if I reall need something bad and also to get my nails done because the nail salon I go to is in my walmart.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I posted 2 books on paperbackswap.com that my DH got as gifts. He already had them and he doesn't do returns..he hates lines and I didn't want to do it either.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 1, 2009