Mommies, I am confused. Please help me! Am I having a New Year's baby?

I am having non-stress tests weekly. I am 34 weeks and the doctor wants me to make it at least 36 weeks with baby.

During my non-stress today I started having contractions. They are 7 minutes apart and cause pain. I yelp during most of them.

The doctor said not to worry because my cervix is still closed and he scheduled two ultrasounds for me next week. Well eight hours later I am still having contractions seven minutes apart and they still hurt.

I am not in agony but, um... is this normal?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 8:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would say not to worry until the contractions are 3 mins apart..... You could go on liek this for another few days if not another week or so
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i would go to L&D
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:42 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• If it's eight hours later and you're still seven minutes apart you're fine.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I would wait till they are 5 minutes apart before you call your OB to get an opinion.

Anonymous

• might have a new years baby.. wait for them 2 b 5 mins apart :)
    Anonymous

• yea i agree wait a little longer...but if ur water breaks i would call and see what they want you to do... congrats!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Kelso- stop giving advice... your wrong and isn't this your first baby? Let the mom's who know answer. She is fine... they will just send her home at 7 mins apart, i agree with everyone else!
    Anonymous

• I live less than ten minutes away from the hospital. I don't think I need to go to L&D. I am just curious as to why the doctor let me continue to have these contractions. I am lost!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:48 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Most drs/midwives will tell you to wait until they are 5 mins apart before calling. Mine were ten mins apart from 2:30 am until the baby was born (at 11:37 am)
    If you're in labour the contractions should last more then a minute and get more intense. If you aren't sure, call the hospital.
    wyldebtrfly

Answer by wyldebtrfly at 8:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• my ob told me for weeks and weeks they have to consistent at five minutes for an hour before i make a call to the doctor.. wait til it gets to 5 minutes for an hour and call your doctor.. don't worry about it otherwise you might go to bed and they might go away :)

Good luck!!! =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 31, 2008