what is a good way to improve posture?

other than, stand up staight..i have a tendancy to slouch but i want to improve my posture. help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• yoga helps.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Do pelvic tilts (lift your tummy and roll your pelvis under, hold, repeat a few times- it loosens the tight lower back muscles and strengthens your abs.) Lie on your stomach and lift your head a little- just so you feel the muscles in your upper back start helping, repeat a few times. Stand against the wall and raise your arms, elbows at shoulder height, touch your elbows and wrists and back of your head to the wall, bring your shoulder blades flat against the wall, this stretches the tight muscles in front of your shoulders and works on the upper back muscles. When you are sitting in a straight chair, sit up tall- pretend a hook is pulling you up by the back of the head.

Answer by Bmat at 9:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Meditation helps too. The way you have to sit... it instills better habits in your everyday life.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:18 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I'd say dance, maybe even yoga or something. I haven't danced in a while and I can tell I had a better posture when I was in ballet.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:51 PM on Dec. 31, 2008