Too Much Love?

I love spending time with my husband and four children but other members of my family can't understand this! They think my children are going to end up spoiled if I keep doing what I consider "motherly things" like playing, reading and taking an interest in their day at school. The children do have friends they spend time with so it's not like they are 'tied to the apron strings'! They are a 10 year old boy, 8 year old boy and girl twins and a 3 year old who all were adopted by my husband and I and who have had a terrible physically/emotionally abusive relationship with their biological parents so I'd like to show them that not all parents treat their kids that way by giving them the attention and love they crave and deserve. Am I being to much of a pollyanna or an idealist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in General Parenting

• You can never love too much. I think you're just being a great mom!
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:58 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Then I guess my kids are going to end up spoiled too. They have friends and aren't with you guys 24/7 and to me it sounds like they have a very well rounded life. I don't think you can spoil a child with too much love. Keep doing what you are doing and don't worry about what your family has to say.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:00 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• keep doin what ur doin.. its not hurting and the kids need it more then some people may know. If u feel that is the best thing to do for ur kids do it.. dont let people tell u what is right or wrong for them. People raise kids different... Kids that have been abused by their parents need a loving mom and dad more then "normal" kids might.....
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• ur a great mom!:)
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I think it is great. A lot of people think I am crazy too for being the same kind of mom. I say keep up the good work mamma there is never too much love!
    hionlife

Answer by hionlife at 9:32 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• There's no such thing as "too much love" some kids dont get enough love. I dont think your kids are going to spoiled if you take an interest in the things they like. That's called being a mother. Everyone else's opinion shouldnt matter to you as long as you feel you are doing the right thing and being the best mother and wife you can be
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• U are a phenominal Mama. I am the same way with my Family. In fact my Husband and I, though we do get out quite a bit on our own, would rather spend the night in with our babies!!! Keep it up you two, you can NOT spoil a child with love.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 3:28 PM on Jan. 1, 2009

• thats not spoiling esspecailly in this situation, these children need the extra kick becasue of tramatic childhoods.if you were trying to buy there love that would be diffrent but that is not the case GREAT JOB MOM
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 9:52 AM on Jan. 2, 2010