Staph infection? Or does my body hate me lol? Could be TMI

Ok I have 3 spots on me that are infected.The first one is on the outside of my vaginal lip. It is about the size of a peanut(with shell) and hurts really bad. The second one is on the inside of my thigh. It is about the size of a quarter but looks like cottage cheese in a way, on the top. The third one is on my knee and about the size of a quarter, but looks alot like a spider bite. My question is, could it be staph or am I just unlucky? I have been taking antibiotics for the one on my vaginal lip for 3 days now. What is my chance of those working on the other 2? If you just want to be a smart ass please dont i am very serious about this.

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Health

• Thanks ladies for the advice. My doctor is sending me to th er. Wish me luck.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• It sounds to me as if they could all be staph, but I am not in the medical field so may be wrong. Staph is nasty. If you aren't noticing improvement and are taking oral antibiotics, you may want to call your doctor and ask, thay way you wouldn't have to worry.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I had staph on my leg they looked like large whitehead pimples that hurt real bad. I was put on antibiotics also but she told me I should be putting a triple antibiotic cream on them too. And always wash your hands because it is contagious. Good luck and don't wait too long because staph can spread. It not always easy to get rid of.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• i am an Rn and i would call ur doc... if it is a staph infection, it could get worse cause the antibiotics arent strong enough to handle 3 infections.......
    Anonymous

• Ah. Certainly we do wish you good luck. I am glad to hear that you are going to the ER, please post back and let us know what you find out?

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• wow yeah I'd say that it sounds serious. :o post back and let us know what happened!!!
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:47 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Well i have MRSA. They lance my vaginal lip open and drained it. They put me on a different antibiotic and added another. So thankfully i am ok

BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 1, 2009