• In the Spotlight:

Should I feel guilty for counting down the weeks until school starts?!

It always seems like we can't wait until summer starts, and now I can't wait until school is back in. I guess I am just craving a schedule. Also, the day care I run from my home is busier in the summer, and I am craving some time to myself.

AbiMack

Asked by AbiMack at 3:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hee hee. I do it too. And I'm sure there are millions of other moms that are craving that routine too. Summers are hard, especially if you work. You have to drive them around more and find a place for them on this day or that. I wish we had year round school here to tell ya the truth.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• No way! It's normal to feel that way, especially if you aren't getting the time you need for yourself. You can't neglect your needs!! I am sure the break you get from your kids going back to school will be so refreshing for you!
    MayaTheBee

Answer by MayaTheBee at 3:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I can't wait!! August 25th at 8:30 am I get my sanity back! And my clean(er) house. Not looking forward to homework, though.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I feel the same way sometimes.My daughter can't nap when my son is home so I have her cranky.It's hard but then we miss them when there in school hahaha
    luvdby2angels

Answer by luvdby2angels at 6:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• OMG NO never! I'm at the point where I'm counting days, and looking forward to when it becomes HOURS!
    MizB1996

Answer by MizB1996 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• No don't feel quilty. I do it to. I have a countdown on here till they start. We all need time and a schedule to get through life.
    lafing

Answer by lafing at 9:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• wow, so i'm not the only one! 5 weeks to go here! (one heading to 1st grade and the baby is starting K)..now ask me in august if i'm so happy that they both are gone :( LOL
    Dawnee1826

Answer by Dawnee1826 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• No not at all!! I am counting down the days too!! My son does not like the summer daycare at all and it is such a struggle everyday to get him up and ready to go!!
    momma_duke

Answer by momma_duke at 1:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I haven't actualy counted but we have started collecting thing too go back to school-- you know when it is time when they start fighting and can't get along . we start the day after labor day
    mcovey

Answer by mcovey at 6:57 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• No you're not the only one. Mine start back in less than a month. Come August 18th I'll be two kids free by 8:30 a.m. YAY!!!
    melittler

Answer by melittler at 4:29 PM on Jul. 21, 2008