How can you be SO sure in your religion?

We were not around thousands of years ago...so how do we know what REALLY happened?
I think that things have been changed and messed around with to a point that you cant really believe what everything says..ie Bible,Quran,Torah,etc etc etc.
Pls dont answer with "Faith" tell me what concretes your belief.
This question is open to everyone and pls no mean talk or bashing. REAL answers pls! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Dec. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My close friend found out he had a brain tumor there was nothing the octors could do he was a dead man is pretty much what they said he had horrible head aches sick at his stomach all the day long. I went to my church i went up front for prayer, i stood in for him to be prayed for He was healed the next day he felt like his old self a week later he went back to the doctors they said they ha never seen anything like it completely gone. One more i was a child about 7 years old ever sence i was a small child i had earaches that gave me headaches an it hurt so bad i had tubes and medican over and over again. I asked our pastor to pray for me and the pain went away i went home and i have never ever had another earache again.

kim168

Answer by kim168 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• have thought about this question many many times for a while i thought it was all about what you grew up knowing and where told all your life.But i have many miracles that has happened in my life i about died when i was having my second child. i could feel myself dying i started to get feeling back in my legs and i had an epidural i swear i felt angels wings on my legs still slipping out of my body i was turning blue i saw a tunnel made out of water it looked like there was light all around i stood at the start of this tunnel thinking about my family the next thing i remember i felt like i was coming up after being under water for a long time.I gasped for breath, the doc gave me oxygen.. i felt better.I ha my child and she was healthy.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• Taking "Faith" out of religion is a little insane, but I get you.

After my dad died my mom was driving home at night. She felt something happen to the car, the car started to run off the side of the road, she had a hard time controlling it. She kept saying "Harold (my dad) please just let me get home". My mom got to the end of our street and lost all control of her car. She got out and looked and saw that both front tired were flat. She and we (my siblings and I) believe my dad got her home. He was dead at the time, so he navigated her home from heaven. Now if our religion was wrong, he wouldn't of made it to heaven to get her home.

Does that make sense?
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 9:52 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• The fact that without any fertility drugs and doctors telling me i could never give birth to children I have two beautiful daughters. Did not happen until my hubby and i began to pray for God to give us children whether they were adopted or natural and by the way they are both biologically ours.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:44 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• OP here- What I meant by the question was how can you be so sure that religious texts are the same way they were when they first were written. How do we know that they were not messed around with? How do we know that everyday that we read the Bible or Quran or Torah we arent reading something that isnt true anymore?
    Thanks for the answers so far! :)
    Anonymous

• i was raised to believe in the bible but i have to say faith is what i have for it.
    i know thats not what you want hear but thats what i feel.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:45 PM on Dec. 31, 2008

• I am pentecostal. The same experience they had in the upper room in acts 2:4. We still have the same experience today. Nothing watered down, it happends exactly like it says it did then.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 12:00 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• first I'd like to point out that humans date back over 3 million years ago... " Lucy was dated between 3.6 and 3 million years ago, the oldest human skeleton to be found"... secondly as far as the bible goes... IMO... it was written by man, fact, did God have a hand in it? Who knows... BUT during the time the bible was written, civilization was developing into something that needed to be revised to suite the changes that were going around. Hence the changes in religions... some good, some not... The "Leaders" be them kings, lords, etc... wanted more power over there vassels, the new religion was just becoming know... latching onto it, they learned ways to better control there people for better and worse.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:03 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• The bible IMO was written later telling of tales that although extremely exaggerated, have some proof, (watch history channel)... since these tales were [prophetic to the new religion the creator of the bible (man) creates the illusion that God is speaking through him to help pass on what they believed to be a moralistic baseline to what God wanted them to know...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:08 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• If you don't read it word for word, for the most part the bible DOES have some good points morally speaking.. there are also some shady areas that some do take seriously, like homosexuality... which is why IMO the bible shouldn't and isn't meant to be taken word for word.. I lost faith due to people telling me to take it so literally... remember it was written in a different time period, the world has change and some of us haven't adapted to those changes... Now I DO have faith in a higher power... I know there is something more out there, but now I don't take things like someone elses writting to heart word for word... but the point of it I hold on to.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:13 AM on Jan. 1, 2009